Celebrating wonder, joy, grace, and hope

Monday, November 22, 2010

Holiday Blessing

I received an early holiday blessing today - an email from a dear high school friend that warmed my heart in a way I find difficult to put into words.  My friend and I lost touch in the years following high school but recently reconnected and what a joy it's been to get to know her again.  When I read her email it felt as though no time had ever passed between us.  Like time had just stood still.  Her words and the tone of her message spoke volumes of sincerity and warmth; I was transported back in time to the early days of our friendship.  I've never had another friend as dear as she was and continues to be.  What a gift.  The gift of friendship is the most wonderful and fulfilling gift one can be given.  What a wonderful prelude to this holiday season and a gentle reminder of all I have to be thankful for.  Thank you my friend for the reminder of how wonderful life is in spite of all the sorrows and darkness that surround us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment